Heavy equipment operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, water and sewer lines and other structures; in surface mining and quarrying activities; and in material handling work.
- Operate all heavy equipment safely and efficiently
- Check heavy equipment using approved circle check procedures before operating them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Diagnose / identify defects in heavy duty equipment.
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations
- Maneuver trucks/heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Complete all necessary paperwork (may include, but is not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, equipment inspection, hours of service, invoices, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in Heavy Equipment operation
- Heavy Equipment Operation Certification
- Must adhere to company’s health, safety and environmental reporting and assessing standards
- Working in and around heavy machinery
- Candidates must be able to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, AZ driver’s license class would be an asset
- Willing to travel